Challenge - General: Crochet Lessons
Learn How To Crochet For Absolute Beginners
"Salena is a great teacher - while I have been crocheting for a few years and have done some fairly challenging projects, I never learned information like this. These lessons are going to give me a firmer foundation for my crocheting."
Maggie W. - Student
Learn how to crochet with the ACA!
- ALL Access to this entire video training series (over 20 videos to view anytime)!
- Enjoy clear, easy education without ads or gimmicks!
- Patterns to help you learn to crochet in rows, tubes, joined & continuous rounds!
- Get service and support from real people you can count on!
"This was a great lesson. Even after crocheting for years, there was some new information for me. I wish I'd had this in the beginning."
Katharine B. - Student
Get started now!
".... ive learned some of this by trial and error... to have it all laid out is fantastic!"
Nicole N. - Student
In this interactive video series, I’ll show you everything you need to know to become a skilled and confident crocheter, even if:
- you’ve never picked up a hook before,
- tried to learn in the past,
- or, can crochet a few things but are looking to learn more!
After teaching one-on-one for years I learned that some things just don’t work, so I created this training series that can help anyone to learn crochet with confidence!
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 300 patterns, authored 7 crochet books, taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association in 2015. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine, Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack, Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association, Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy, CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
Frequently Asked Questions
"I've been crocheting for 11 years and DEFINITELY could have used something like this when I started out!"
Adrienne L.J. - Student
"There's a lot of info here. It took me years to learn how a particular yarn may work for a project or maybe more importantly why a yarn won't work. Well done!"
Barbara W. - Student
"This lesson was great. You explained everything very well and with an upbeat and intelligent style. Very clear, great PowerPoint easy to understand and follow. Thank you I enjoyed it very much and have a much better understanding of yarn."
Sue B. - Student