Learning Path + Professional Development
Crochet education that builds your knowledge and skills as you work toward our Crochet Instructor and Pattern Writer workshops!
The American Crochet Association offers the most comprehensive learning path for crocheters looking to earn professional credentials. When you join today, your journey begins:
- Week 1) Yarn Course
- Week 2) Swatch Course
- Week 3) Pattern Reading Course
Level 1 Complete: invitation to Crochet Instructor Training ($99 one-time course fee + $29/annual community access)
- Week 4) Sizing Course
- Week 5) Seams & Joins Course
- Week 6) Finishing Course
Level 2 Complete: Invitation to Pattern Writing Training ($99 one-time course fee + $29/annual community access)
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 300 patterns, authored 7 crochet books, taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association in 2015. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine, Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack, Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association, Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy, CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
Frequently Asked Questions
Build your crochet knowledge & skill while working toward your professional developments. Become part of the movement; assuring crochet is left in better hands than we found it.