When you love to crochet, you want to do it perfectly.
So becoming a crochet expert is the dream; it means all your hard work, dedication, and passion helped you to crochet anything you want, effortlessly.
The struggle to crochet all the things, with all the skill, is real.
Wouldn’t it feel great if:
- Your finished projects looked just like the example (hooray!)
- You were totally confident when trying new patterns (even the advanced ones)
- Your sides were always straight (no uneven edges)
- You make the right size every time (stitch and row gauge is spot on)
- You don’t add or skip stitches (counting is a breeze)
- You can choose the perfect material for every project (you know your yarns)
- You can read and follow instructions like a champ (even when instructions are poorly written or use made-up lingo from the designer)
- You don’t waste yarn or time (every moment crocheting is bliss)
If you could put a big check mark next to each one, you’d feel pretty great about your crochet projects.
But the truth is, not everyone can do all of these things effortlessly; These are common, everyday frustrations for most crocheters.
Most crocheters are not experts (and not for a lack of trying).
It’s normal for most crocheters to struggle, and:
- Not be able to read patterns or charts
- Have too few (or too many) stitches at the end of every row
- Have uneven stitches and fabric
- Want to crochet more than scarves and blankets
And, you might be tired of wasting time and yarn…
- searching through free patterns and being disappointed (wasting time searching instead of crocheting)
- following patterns that make you feel confused and overwhelmed (even the “easy” ones)
- making projects that don’t look like the examples (even when you follow all the steps)
- not being able to work out the right size (is is the hook, tension, or yarn)
But that’s okay; just knowing that there is more to learn is half the battle!
When you value your crochet time, you want to shorten the time between frustration and finished project.
I get it.
That’s why I put together something crocheters can follow when they want to get better results: Skill Building Crochet Challenge
This challenge was designed to help you crochet more, with fewer mistakes, in less time.
You’ll learn quite a lot about crochet skill, like:
- Advanced is not an official level (hint, there are only 4).
- skill level is not based on the number of projects you’ve completed (even if you’ve made over 100 blankets), or how long you’ve been crocheting (even if you’ve been crocheting for 100 years).
- How to grow from a beginner to an experienced crocheter!
This challenge includes so many resources:
- Video walk-throughs
- Lesson handouts and printables
- Homework that will help you build your crochet knowledge and skill
Helpful quizzes to test your new skills
Skill Building Crochet Challenge
When does this start and finish?
This is a self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access ?
After enrolling, you'll have access as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Speed up or slow down through every lesson (whatever works for you).
What if I have questions or need help?
We are here to help you succeed! Contact us when you need: [email protected]
Do you like making crochet mistakes?
No, of course not.
This challenge is designed to build crochet knowledge and skills so that you can crochet more, better, faster and with less mistakes.