Learn to WRITE crochet patterns!
You may already know how to crochet like a pro, but there is a difference between knowing how to do something and being able to write instructions in a way that anyone can read and follow with success!
- Publishing 101: Learn about copyrights and plagiarism, especially in the crochet world!
- How can you make money with patterns: Whether you write for books and magazines, sell patterns individually, or offer content online for free!
- Pattern templates: An easy-to-use outline so that you can key in your patterns like a pro!
- Pattern writing format: The language, universal terms, standards and acronyms, math involved in writing complex stitch and row repeats, and more!
- Pattern Testing: An overview to help you hand-test, and tech-edit, your patterns before you publish them!
In this course we'll cover everything you need to know to translate your crochet work into written instructions!
Meet Your Instructor
I learned to crochet at the age of 5 and haven't put my hook down since! I've published over 400 patterns, authored 8 crochet books (so far...), taught 2 courses with Craftsy, and launched the American Crochet Association. I currently live in Oregon with my husband, son, 2 cats and 1 dog.
- 2009-present: Salena Baca Crochet
- 2012-2016: Design Wars, Founder
- 2014-2017: Happily Hooked Magazine; Content Coordinator, Director of Relations
- 2014-2016: The Pattern Pack; Founder & Editor
- 2015: Author
- 2015-present: American Crochet Association; Founder & Lead Educator
- 2016, 2018: Craftsy Instructor
- 2018-2020: Yarnpreneur Academy; CEO / Lead Yarn Lover
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
This professional development training course is 100% complete, but we are still beta testing the content and structure with participating students.