Challenge - Artisan Afghan Crochet Along
Build knowledge & skills with a fantastic project!
What is your crochet skill level?
We’ll give you a hint; it’s not based on the number of projects you’ve completed, or how long you’ve been crocheting.
The Artisan Afghan was specifically designed to help crocheters build their knowledge and skills, all while giving them a great project!
This afghan is worked in 12 parts:
- 10 different stitch patterns worked in long blocks
- Joining each long block together
- Border round, with contrasting edging
Looking for a stash-buster? Want to create an afghan thats totally portable? This challenge is for you!
I learned to crochet before grade school, and have had a passion for the art ever since. I've worked professionally in the crochet community since 2009 and have contributed in various ways; publishing over 250 patterns & 4 books, launching Design Wars Challenge in 2012, The Pattern Pack & Happily Hooked Magazines in 2014, and the American Crochet Association in 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you're new to crochet, or just looking for something to keep your interest, this crochet along challenge will help you to have a further understanding of:
- Gauge, swatching and sizing essentials
- Color choice and placement
- 10 exciting stitch patterns, plus a few specialty stitches
- Joining technique, when all blocks are complete
- Border application, and finishing techniques