Challenge: Artisan Afghan Crochet Along
Build knowledge & skills with a fantastic project!
What is your crochet skill level?
We’ll give you a hint; it’s not based on the number of projects you’ve completed, or how long you’ve been crocheting.
The Artisan Afghan was specifically designed to help crocheters build their knowledge and skills, all while giving them a great project!
This afghan is worked in 12 parts:
- 10 different stitch patterns worked in long blocks
- Joining each long block together
- Border round, with contrasting edging
Looking for a stash-buster? Want to create an afghan thats totally portable? This challenge is for you!
I learned to crochet before grade school and have had a passion for the art ever since. Back in 2009, I began publishing patterns that fit my style and my work has been featured in various craft and crochet communities since. Crochet has always been a passion of mine, and I’m proud to call it my career with platforms like Design Wars Challenge (Founder), Happily Hooked Magazine (Content), The Pattern Pack (Editor).
In 2015, I created the American Crochet Association, where we are dedicated to helping crocheters to help themselves. Tidbits? I’m always up for a bit of traveling, I’m very fond of black licorice, I’m quite good at Scrabble, and I can do 10 push-ups!
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you're new to crochet, or just looking for something to keep your interest, this crochet along challenge will help you to have a further understanding of:
- Gauge, swatching and sizing essentials
- Color choice and placement
- 10 exciting stitch patterns, plus a few specialty stitches
- Joining technique, when all blocks are complete
- Border application, and finishing techniques