Challenge - Artisan Afghan Crochet Along
Build knowledge & skills with a fantastic project!
What is your crochet skill level?
We’ll give you a hint; it’s not based on the number of projects you’ve completed, or how long you’ve been crocheting.
The Artisan Afghan was specifically designed to help crocheters build their knowledge and skills, all while giving them a great project!
This afghan is worked in 12 parts:
- 10 different stitch patterns worked in long blocks
- Joining each long block together
- Border round, with contrasting edging
Looking for a stash-buster? Want to create an afghan thats totally portable? This challenge is for you!
I learned to crochet before grade school, and have had a passion for the art ever since! I began designing patterns that appealed to my own style in late 2009, and my work has been published in various craft and crochet magazines ever since!
In late 2012 I formed the Design Wars Challenge, which is a network of independent crochet designers posed as a battle to be won in the crochet arena!
In 2014, I founded the American Crochet Association. We are dedicated to helping crocheters to help themselves.
Tidbits? I’m always up for a bit of traveling, I’m very fond of black licorice, I’m quite good at Scrabble, and I can do 10 push-ups!
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you're new to crochet, or just looking for something to keep your interest, this crochet along challenge will help you to have a further understanding of:
- Gauge, swatching and sizing essentials
- Color choice and placement
- 10 exciting stitch patterns, plus a few specialty stitches
- Joining technique, when all blocks are complete
- Border application, and finishing techniques